Tuesday, December 11, 2007

MY INTERVIEW WITH AKeepersJackpot

<<<<<<<<---
AKeepersJackpot's Periwinkle Necklace.

Q#1. You have a unique way of titling your items, What would you say determines the names?

Like everything else in life, I turn to Google for answers. Just kidding (about the everything else in life). Naming something purple necklace is just too vanilla as my husband would say. Of course there are times when I stump my own creativity and use something bland. Typically I'll type in the color, or two colors, and Google them. Something usually comes to me by page 50 or so.

Q#2. How long have you been beading?

About two years now. I made weird beaded pipecleaner creations as a kid and took a 20 year subbatical but I'm back full force without the fuzzy wire.

Q#3. If asked, what would you say is your biggest motivation when you are making jewelry?

This is where I go all doom and gloom. Like most of my recent hobbies, I think its the fear that someday I may not be able to do it. Briefly I have some unknown mystery neuro thing that causes dystonia. My right hand fingers are all perma-bent and tremory, I just made those words up. It has gotten worse over the last four years but we are playing around with different meds that hopefully will ease up the dystonia. So I'm trying all kinds of things that I would have made faces about 5 years ago. I also have the fantasy that I do well enough to quit my real job and do this for life, as its quite enjoyable!

Q#4. Do you prefer a hand made gift, or a store bought one?

I guess it depends. I always get excited about hand made jewelry, blankets and scarves, especially if the gift giver made it themsevles. There are gifts that are better off being store bought, such as the new printer I asked my husband to get me for Christmas.

Q#5. Do you feel that your age benefits you in the eyes of the people viewing your items?

I'm not really sure. I guess I'm at an age where I can relate to the jewelry tastes of the younger population, as well as the older working age population. I think I have items that cover both groups, and those are probably the two groups that online shop the most.

Q#6. If you could have one thing in life, what would it be?

Well, I've found love, and I'm usually happy, so I guess it would be a job where I could enjoy those things more!


........................................<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...................................
AKeepersJackpot